A collection of images depicting daily life around the globe.
1. Afghan boy Mahfouz Bahbah, 12, stands on a roadside hoping to sell his balloons during sunset in Kabul, Afghanistan, Tuesday, Oct. 18, 2011.
2. A woman pushes her pram on Filopappou Hill as the sun sets on June 11, 2012 in Athens, Greece.
3. An Indian cyclist rides on a cold foggy morning on Rajpath in New Delhi on January 3, 2012. There has been no respite since the biting cold winter set in in late December in the northern parts of Indian where where according to authorities, at least 135 people have died so far due to extreme cold conditions.
4. his photo taken on January 17, 2011 shows a woman shopping for Chinese lanterns for the upcoming Chinese New Year of the Dragon in Shanghai. The Lunar New Year begins on January 23 and is the begining of the Spring Festival holiday.
5. Pedestrians stand before heavy traffic at an intersection in Beijing on January 18, 2012. The US embassy which has its own pollution measuring system, and which rates anything over 150 as unhealthy, was showing an index of 403, or ‘hazardous’.
6. An Afghan man watches pigeons on the roof of his house as a rainbow forms in the background in Mazar-i Sharif on February 19, 2012. Mazar-i Sharif is the capital of Balkh province with multi-ethnic groups such as Uzbeks, Turkmen, Tajiks and Hazaras. Mazar-i Sharif means ‘Respected Shrine’ but the city is known by tourists as the city of the blue mosque located in the city center called the Shrine of Hazrat Ali.
7. Afghan boy Samar Ghul, 12, wraps himself with a scarf to avoid the morning cold, while working with other men in sorting yellow corn in Kabul, Afghanistan, Wednesday, Oct. 19, 2011.
8. An Afghan man looks on while walking in the old city of Kabul, Afghanistan, Monday, Oct. 17, 2011.
9. Afghan Mohammed Aziz, 68, prepares food for his customers, at his restaurant in the old city of Kabul, Afghanistan, Monday, Oct. 17, 2011.
10. An Afghan girl enjoys a swing ride in a public park in Kabul, Afghanistan, Friday, Oct. 14, 2011.
11. Afghan children enjoy a swing ride set up in a cemetery outside Sakhi shrine in Kabul, Afghanistan, Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2011.
12. An Afghan girl, center, looks on while buying potatoes from a vendor in Kabul, Afghanistan, Thursday, Oct. 20, 2011.
13. Afghan children play on top of a hill in Kabul on June 23, 2008. Since the overthrow of the harsh Taliban regime which denied women and Afghan families most of common rights including the right to gather in public places, many places have emerged for amusement in post-Taliban Kabul.
14. A girl plays with pigeons at the central square in Guatemala City, Thursday, March 22, 2007.
15. A couple prepare for wedding photos on a bridge near a Chinese pavilion at a tourist attraction in Hangzhou, in eastern China’s Zhejiang province, Wednesday, Oct. 5, 2011.
16. Kashmiris walk on a rainy day through a field on the outskirts of Srinagar, India, Wednesday, Feb, 21, 2007.
17. A shepherd rests, as his sheep graze in Calcutta, India, Wednesday, March 14, 2007.
18. Iranian Muslim women leave after visiting unknown soldIers’ graves in Mashhad, 900 km (540 miles) in northeastern of Tehran, Iran Friday, Nov. 28, 2008. The mausoleum of Imam Reza, the 8th Shiite Muslim’s Imam and grandson of the Prophet Mohammad and its museum hold one of the most extensive cultural and artistic treasuries of Iran. Several important theological schools of Shiite are associated with the shrine of the Eighth Imam.
19. A Pakistani artisan makes a tubs out of a recycled tyre at his workshop in Quetta, Pakistan, Sunday, Aug. 21, 2011.
20. The elderly exercise early in the morning in Beijing, China, Tuesday, Sept. 20, 2011.
21. A Pakistani photographer sits next to his stall waiting for customers to have their pictures taken by the beach, in Karachi, Pakistan, Monday, Sept. 26, 2011. A poster showing bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai, is seen right on the stall.
22. A car drives state highway 1 near the snowcapped mountains at Tongariro National Park in New Zealand, Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2011.
23. A Pakistani corn vendor pushes his handcart as she crosses an empty highway in Islamabad, Pakistan on Sunday, Oct. 2, 2011.
24. Afghan refugee children react while gathering in an alley of a slum on the outskirts of Islamabad, Pakistan, Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2011.
25. A fisherman casts a fishing net onto a canal at Prek Phnoa village, some 13 kilometers (8 miles) north of Phnom Penh, Cambodia, Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2011.
26. A UN Nigerian police officer control the area in the Cite Soleil district, in Port-au-Prince, Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2007.
27. A girl sits with an empty pot as people wait in line at a food distribution point in Cite Soleil, Port-au-Prince, Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2007.
28. Three girls walk to a school in Havana, Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2007.
29. An Haitian fishermen’s ship is seen in Luly,north of Port-au-Prince, Friday, Jan. 19, 2007.
30. A wall painted with the colors of the Cuban flag as a woman stand in a balcony in Havana, Sunday, Jan. 21, 2007.
31. A woman hangs clothes in a balcony in Havana, Cuba, Sunday, Jan. 21, 2007.
32. Residents walk among the smoke coming from burning trash at a nearby garbage dump in Port-au-Prince, Saturday, Jan. 27, 2007. Haiti, a former French colony, is one of the poorest countries in the world with a majority of people living on less than 2 US $ per day.
33. A group of youths watch dancers performing in the streets of Tumaco, in Colombia’s southern Pacific coast, Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2007.